Dah Sing Bank Limited
Industry: Banks [Diversified Banks]
Solutions Provided: Mobile Application Development, Market Data Integration, Trading Interface Development (For Mobile and Web)
Additional Services: Data Products
Listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 1987, Dah Sing Bank is the major subsidiary of Dah Sing Banking Group. The bank is one of the longstanding market leaders in the city’s financial services sector. With the launch of the Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect Scheme in 2014, it has become one of the first institutions in the Hong Kong banking industry to offer trading services in Shanghai A shares.
Having worked with the bank since 2011, MegaHub was commissioned to design and develop a native mobile trading app for the client, customized to meet banking regulation standards and facilitate access to real-time market data and online trading for Hong Kong and Shanghai markets.
MegaHub was responsible for:
• Developing Easy Trade, the Bank’s first mobile app with stock trading capabilities, also the first native trading app for bank industry in Hong Kong
• Integrating real time market data quotes into the Bank’s trading channels for Hong Kong and Shanghai shares — Easy Trade (mobile trading channel) and i-Securities (web trading portal).
• Providing a range of key financial data and news for Easy Trade and i-Securities.
Besides supporting the launch of Dah Sing Bank’s mobile trading services for Hong Kong and Shanghai shares, Easy Trade also marks a series of pioneering moves by the bank to:
- Stand out as the first and the only bank in Hong Kong providing a Hong Kong Monetary Authority approved native mobile securities trading app for iOS and Android platforms
- To be one of the first few banks in Hong Kong launching Shanghai-Hong Kong Connect real-time price quote and trading service in November 2014
The Easy Trade Mobile Trading App has gained industry recognition for Dah Sing Bank. The Bank was elected “Outstanding Brand for Mobile Securities Banking Services” and “Outstanding Brand for Online Securities Banking Services” at the “Hong Kong Leaders’ Choice” Brand Awards in 2014 and 2015.